A KSDAC L.L.P. Company
Electronic commerce, commonly known as E-commerce or eCommerce, is
trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Internet.
Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic
funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction
processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and
automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide
Web for at least one part of the transaction's life cycle, although it may also use
other technologies such as e-mail.
E-commerce businesses usually employ some or all of the following practices:
1. Provide online retail or "virtual storefronts" on websites with online catalogs, sometimes gathered into a "virtual mall.
2. Buy or sell on websites or online marketplaces.
3. Gather and use demographic data through web contacts and social media.
4. Use electronic data interchange, the business-to-business exchange of data.
5. Reach prospective and established customers by e-mail or fax (for example, with newsletters).
6. Use business-to-business buying and selling.
7. Provide secure business transactions