A KSDAC L.L.P. Company
Grails is an open source web application framework that uses the Groovy programming language (which is in turn based on the Java platform). It is intended to be a high-productivity framework by following the "coding by convention" paradigm, providing a stand-alone development environment and hiding much of the configuration detail from the developer.
Grails was developed for the following reasons:
- Provide a web framework for the Java platform.
- Re-use existing Java technologies such as Hibernate and Spring under a single interface
- Offer a consistent development framework.
- Offer documentation for key portions of the framework.
- The Persistence framework.
- Templates using GSP (Groovy Server Pages).
- Dynamic tag libraries for creating web page components.
- Customizable and extensible Ajax support.
- Provide sample applications that demonstrate the framework.
- Provide a complete development mode, including a web server and automatic reload of resources.